WeBWorK Problems

Library Browser lists more questions than are displaying

Library Browser lists more questions than are displaying

by Brenda Landis -
Number of replies: 2
In the Library Browser, I am trying to access the problems in the National Problem Library.  

For example, doing a search for problems in the National Problem Library, I click on:

Subject:  Calculus – single variable
Chapter: Differentiation
Section: Definition of the derivative

Webwork says that “There are 94 matching WeBWorK problem files”

However, only 28 problems are shown.  (The same type of misinformation happens with other searches.)
lib

lb
In reply to Brenda Landis

Re: Library Browser lists more questions than are displaying

by John Jones -
Similar problems are being grouped.  There are 28 groups containing a total of 94 problems.  If there is more than one problem in a group, the top line of that problem's display has an "M" near the right.  Click on it to show/hide the similar problems in that group.  Perhaps we should modify the summary line at the bottom to say "1-28 of 28 problem groups shown."

John

In reply to John Jones

Re: Library Browser lists more questions than are displaying

by Dick Lane -
I like John's suggestion about modifying the bottom summary.  But there's a complication: when a more-like-this group is fully displayed, that summary line changes too.  E.g., when a group with 7 additional items is expanded, the summary reports "1-35 of 35 shown."  Perhaps revising the initial line to report "There are 94 matching WeBWorK problems in 28 groups" would be a stable alternative.  (Detail: omit "in # groups" when no more-like-this groups are in the filtered search.)

Note: while such a group is expanded, the M for the featured item is replaced with L (Show less like this).  Clicking on the L collapses the group display to show only the featured problem.