WeBWorK Problems

searching for problems in the NPL

searching for problems in the NPL

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 3
Hi John,

Has the following come up? Has anybody requested a way to use the Library Browser to find problems if you know directory/file name?

I'm going through some bug reports and came to this one:

/opt/webwork/courses/mth151eS08
/templates/ma122DB/set3/s2_8_9.pg_with_problemSeed=1304

I have access to the server so I can find the problem and view it but if I didn't what would I do? I can set up a set definition file and use that to find the problem but I didn't see any way to use the Library Browser to so this.

Arnie
In reply to Arnold Pizer

Re: searching for problems in the NPL

by Arnold Pizer -
Arnold Pizer wrote:
Hi John,

Has the following come up? Has anybody requested a way to use the Library Browser to find problems if you know directory/file name?
Not that I'am aware of.

I'm going through some bug reports and came to this one:

/opt/webwork/courses/mth151eS08/templates/ma122DB/set3/s2_8_9.pg_with_problemSeed=1304

I have access to the server so I can find the problem and view it but if I didn't what would I do? I can set up a set definition file and use that to find the problem but I didn't see any way to use the Library Browser to so this.
Only if you either put the path directly into a set (either by set definition editor or webwork's set editor), make the extra links as it appears that person had done (in which case it can be found under local problems), or to look at the source file to see how it is tagged, and use that to look in exactly the right place.

John
In reply to Arnold Pizer

Re: searching for problems in the NPL

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi John,

There is a very simple and elegant way to allow the Library Browser to "search" for problems by directories. Assuming courses are set up in the "standard" way with a link "Library", e.g Library -> /opt/webwork/libraries/ProblemL
ibrary, in the templates directory, all that is required is
$courseFiles{problibs} = {
Library => "NPL Directory",
};
in global.conf.

This gives a "NPL Directory" button which gives full access to all the directories in the NPL. And the path to a problem (e.g. in a saved set definition file) is the same if the problem is found using the "National Problem Library" button (standard search) or under the "NPL Directory" button (directory search).

I think this should be the standard set up. You don't need "Rochester", "Union", etc buttons since they are all under the "NPL Directory" button and the "NPL Directory" button also gives access to e.g. ma122DB if anyone is crazy enough to want this. I was which started this thread.

Arnie