PREP 2015 Question Authoring - Archived

Display of Math within WebWork

Display of Math within WebWork

by Daniele Arcara -
Number of replies: 2
I am having issues displaying the Math within WebWork. I am guessing that this is an issue with how WebWork is installed in our servers at the College, because I see things differently if I do a problem within our PREP WebWork course or if I do it within my own WebWork course.

Here is an example of a simple one, and how the view is different.

View on the PREP WebWork course:

WW150630_2.png

View within my own WebWork course:

WW150630.png

What can be causing this, and how hard would it be to fix it?
In reply to Daniele Arcara

Re: Display of Math within WebWork

by Davide Cervone -
The PREP course has MathJax as the default display mode for mathematics. Your site appears to be using image mode. This can be set on a course-by-coure basis in the Course Configuration link in the instructor tools section of the side-bar, and can be configured on a site-wide basis in the webwork2/conf/localOverrides.conf file.

It also likes there may be a problem with the baseline database for images as they should be lining up better than that. You might have the administrators check that the settings are correct in the webwork2/config/defaults.conf for the $pg{displayModeOptions}{images} variable. There are also some dvipng settings in webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Constants.pm, but unless they have a really old version ofdvipng, those should be OK.