PREP 2015 Question Authoring - Archived

Time of Webwork Version updates on MAA server.

Time of Webwork Version updates on MAA server.

by tim Payer -
Number of replies: 2
Hello!

I have a few questions regarding the update schedule for recent webwork versions on the MAA server.
We have been practicing with webwork Versions 2.9 and more recently on Version 2.10 on a campus network that will not be accessible to off campus students. We just got our free trial webwork site from the MAA but were disappointed to find out that it is in version 2.8. A lot of the new features will not be able to be used and many problems will have to be revised if we are to go forward with the 2.8 version.

So a few questions:

1.)  When will the free trial versions be updated to version 2.10?
2.)  If one pays $200 per class (for MAA members) for MAA to sponsor the server, will one receive a more recent version of webwork than 2.8?

Thanks,  Tim
In reply to tim Payer

Re: Time of Webwork Version updates on MAA server.

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Tim,

I can not speak officially for the MAA but I believe the plan is to update the MAA servers to WW 2.10 sometime in the next few weeks (before the beginning of fall semester classes).

Both the paid and free trial WeBWorK servers run the same version of WW, currently 2.8

Arnie
In reply to Arnold Pizer

Re: Time of Webwork Version updates on MAA server.

by John Travis -
To follow up on this, testcourses which has the PREP course has been updated to he develop branch by now. Courses1 which is the MAA courses server s no at 2.10.