WeBWorK Main Forum

copied a course from modelCourse got error messages

copied a course from modelCourse got error messages

by Dave Meng -
Number of replies: 3
I copied a course from a modelCourse that works fine. Now in the copied course, when I click "Homework set Editor" and click on a problem set. From a problem, I see the following warning signs:

Can't locate macro file |Dartmouthmacros.pl| via path: ...
Also, I see some of problems  display the following error:
In reply to Dave Meng

Re: copied a course from modelCourse got error messages

by Dave Meng -
Ok. I figure it myself. That has something to do with our upgrading to 2.10. I just deleted the old library link and click the "Library Browser" to generate the new link. Everything works now.

Dave

In reply to Dave Meng

by Michael Gage -
Just as a comment for others who arrive at this error and want to fix it themselves.  

Looking closely at the error message and the locations that were searched for macro files gives a clue as to what is wrong.  Sometimes the list of paths is just wrong or incomplete (as in the case above with an old Library link). 

If the paths appear correct then perhaps the macro file has not been installed on your system.  Checking  this might require commandline access.  

If it is a custom macro file, and you have a copy, you can use FileManager to upload it to your courses  [TMPL]/macros directory.

In reply to Dave Meng

by John Esenwa -
Dave,
I am trying to copy a course and having tremendous difficulties.

I am trying to import the entire problem set from a differential equations model class into a course I am creating.. In the Uploading and Unpacking steps of the WeBWrk instructions item #5 says " .... browse your computer to find the file you downloaded earlier". What file does this refer to? I did not download any file. How do proceed? Thank you for your help.
john