Installation

Database problem after upgrading from 2.10 to 2.11

Database problem after upgrading from 2.10 to 2.11

by Alexander Lundervold -
Number of replies: 3
Hello!

After upgrading from 2.10 to 2.11 (following the instructions given here: http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Release_notes_for_WeBWorK_2.11#Upgrade_Instructions) I've encountered a problem with missing fields in the database. 

For example, upgrading my courses through the admin course fails:
Field email_instructor => missing in schema
Field restrict_prob_progression => missing in schema
Field counts_parent_grade => missing in schema
Field att_to_open_children => missing in schema

Ignoring this, logging in to a course and entering the Library Browser results in an error:
Can't locate object method "restrict_prob_progression" via package "WeBWorK::DB::Record::UserSet" at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Utils.pm line 45.

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in WeBWorK::DB::Utils::global2user called at line 79 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/Tasks.pm
    • in WeBWorK::Utils::Tasks::fake_set called at line 278 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/Tasks.pm
    • in WeBWorK::Utils::Tasks::renderProblems called at line 1600 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/SetMaker.pm
    • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::SetMaker::body called at line 155 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
    • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 530 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
    • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 202 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
    • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 380 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm
In reply to Alexander Lundervold

Re: Database problem after upgrading from 2.10 to 2.11

by Michael Gage -
I think you may not have completed upgrading the courses.  There are three screens to the upgrade -- the first one only tells you what changes will be made to the database.  Make sure you keep clicking the button at the bottom of the page until you get to the button marked "done".

In reply to Michael Gage

by Alexander Lundervold -
May thanks, that worked. Sorry to bother you with what turned out to be such a trivial problem.

I'm still getting "Database tables need updating" next to all my courses after the upgrade, but that seems to be inconsequential. 

Edit: the error disappeared after rebooting the server.

Thank you for your extremely prompt reply.
In reply to Alexander Lundervold

by Andras Balogh -
Yeah, a reboot is important.
The library browser didn't work for me until I rebooted the server.
Wasted a day trying everything else before the reboot.