WeBWorK Problems

Webwork expressions of Mathjaks not completely supported in Chrome browsers?

Webwork expressions of Mathjaks not completely supported in Chrome browsers?

by tim Payer -
Number of replies: 5
Hi All,

Has anyone noticed that the display of webwork expressions in Chrome browsers are terminated with what looks like an uninvited vertical bar?

It almost looks like the right half of an absolute value bar has been attached to each and every expression.

And yet Firefox browsers display webwork correctly.

Is there a fix for this?

I suspect someone is aware of this?

The change just occurred within the last two days.

Tim
In reply to tim Payer

Re: Webwork expressions of Mathjaks not completely supported in Chrome browsers?

by Davide Cervone -
This is due to a bug in Chrome that appeared in version 46 or 47 that affects MathJax version 2.5 and below. I think it may be resolved in Chrome 48, and it is also resolved in MathJax 2.6, updating to version 2.6 would fix it. We are preparing to release 2.6.1 soon as well.
In reply to Davide Cervone

Re: Webwork expressions of Mathjaks not completely supported in Chrome browsers?

by Dave Rosoff -
Having been afflicted with this problem as well, I was glad to find this fix, but the problem persists after a git pull updating MathJax to 6.2 and on Chrome Version 48.0.2564.97 m.
In reply to Dave Rosoff

by Davide Cervone -
You will probably have to clear your browser cache and restart Chrome (both are required) in order to clear the v2.5 files from you browser. If you are still seeing the vertical bar, you are still using v2.5, as the element that causes that bar is not even present in the v2.6 output.
In reply to Davide Cervone

by John Travis -
I did a git pull on my MathJax directory and then simply refreshed the Chrome page. Fixed immediately. Just sayin...it was that easy.
In reply to John Travis

by Dave Rosoff -
Oh, foolish. I was just too eager to blame Chrome, I guess. Thank you and consider me chastised. Clearing the cache did the trick.