WeBWorK Problems

Macro draggableProof.pl conflicts with knowl and hint

Macro draggableProof.pl conflicts with knowl and hint

by Aba Mbirika -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

I am successfully using draggable proofs.  However, I have noticed that I cannot use HINTS or KNOWLS if I have the macro draggableProof.pl loaded.  I give a minimal example below.  The 3 macros below are ones that I have installed for the many draggable proofs exercises I have that work just fine -- when I remove the draggableProof.pl macro the hints and knowl work just fine.  I would like to use HINTS or KNOWLS with these draggable proofs problems however. Thanks for any thoughts the forum may have.

-aBa from Univ of Wisconsin-Eau Claire

----------------------------------------------------------

DOCUMENT();

loadMacros(
"PGstandard.pl",
"PGcourse.pl",
draggableProof.pl
);

TEXT(beginproblem());

BEGIN_TEXT
$PAR
If you must have a hint, then 
\{ knowlLink("click here",
value=>'Blah blah blah the hint goes here in the knowl environment.') \}
END_TEXT

$showHint=0;
BEGIN_HINT
A hint goes here.
END_HINT

ENDDOCUMENT();
In reply to Aba Mbirika

Re: Macro draggableProof.pl conflicts with knowl and hint

by John Travis -
The JavaScript versions in the old version of ths macro conflict with other JavaScript in more recent versions of webwork. This has been fixed. I can email anyone a copy of the new macro which has a couple of other improvements. Send me a note at travis AT mc.edu.
In reply to John Travis

by Aba Mbirika -
Hi John. Thanks for sending me the newest draggableProof.pl file.  I did a Notepad++ compare of it and the older version I was using and only a few lines seem very different.

In any case, it is still not working.  The moment that I add the draggableProof.pl macro to the code, I lose the functionality of the Knowl and the HINT.  Bummer.

Regards,
aBa
In reply to Aba Mbirika

by John Travis -
What version of WeBWorK are you using? I do not have these issues with 2.10.