Installation

Timezone problems again

Timezone problems again

by Alasdair McAndrew -
Number of replies: 0
Our teaching semester has just started, and thus so has my 2016 use of WeBWorK. I'm still having timezone difficulties.

My server time is AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight-saving Time), which is UTC+11.

However, WeBWorK doesn't seem to like any of the Australian time zones, even though perl lists them all happily. I've got

$siteDefaults{timezone} = ""; in site.conf

and I've commented out the timezone line in localOverides.conf.

In my Course Configuration, I have "Australia/NSW" as the time zone (which I can save without WeBWorK complaining that "Australia/NSW is not a valid timezone").

However! in the date and time picker for opening and closing of homework problems (Gateway quizzes in my case), the timezone is always given in EST. If I set a time, say

03/06/2016 at 11:59pm AEDT

the system immediately changes it into something else. All I want is for homework sets to become available at 11.59pm in my local (Australian) timezone. But I don't know what time WeBWorK actually sets, or how I can convince it to use my timezone.

BTW: WW/pg versions both 2.10, running within Ubuntu server 14.04, perl 5.18.2, Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14

Any advice would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks,
Alasdair