WeBWorK Main Forum

Editing tests for multiple users simultaneously?

Editing tests for multiple users simultaneously?

by Alasdair McAndrew -
Number of replies: 2
My students generally do one test a week, but sometimes, for some reason, a few of them don't manage to complete the test in time (or sometimes even to attempt it). In that case I'm quite happy to open up the test for them to do later on. In the homework set edit page, I have the option to "Edit individual versions of set..." And I can do this one student and one test at a time. What I want to know is:
  1. Can I edit a test to be available for multiple students simultaneously (rather than each student separately)?
  2. Can I edit multiple tests for a single student simultaneously - for example open up all previous tests (rather than go through each test separately)?

I'm using WW and pg versions 2.11.

Many thanks,
Alasdair

In reply to Alasdair McAndrew

Re: Editing tests for multiple users simultaneously?

by Geoff Goehle -
In theory, although this feature is not used very often and may be buggy.  To do it go to the Instructor Tools link in the side bar.  Select the set and the students that you want to edit.  Then click "[[Edit]] one set for users"

I just tried it and was able to change due dates without any problem.  If you start changing things like problem seeds or student specific data things could get weird.  

Good luck. 
In reply to Geoff Goehle

Re: Editing tests for multiple users simultaneously?

by Alasdair McAndrew -
Many thanks - that's good to know. I'll give that a try later on and report back if it doesn't work!

cheers,
Alasdair