WeBWorK Problems

Updating NPL - did it really happen?

Updating NPL - did it really happen?

by Hans Johnston -
Number of replies: 2
Hi All,

With the change of the term I *think* that I successfully updated our NPL. The last time I didi this was during the initial install
this past August. However, the total problems in the NPL went
from 15960 to 15961, so I question if I indeed did the update

We are running Fedora 9 with WeBWork 2.4. I followed the instructions on the wiki page:

$ cd /opt/webwork/libraries/database_problems
$ cvs -q update -dPA
$ /opt/webwork/webwork2/bin/NPL-update

I see the problems being processed after the last command.
But, again, our number of problems only changed by 1!

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Hans
In reply to Hans Johnston

Re: Updating NPL - did it really happen?

by Xiong Chiamiov -
If nothing got changed, then it wasn't updated. However, you got an addition problem, so you must have updated *something*. I don't pay attention to the NPL, but it doesn't seem that unlikely that it doesn't change a lot.
In reply to Hans Johnston

Re: Updating NPL - did it really happen?

by Davide Cervone -
I had a similar problem recently when I updated a copy of the NPL that I had checked out some years ago. It was checked out of an older location for the NPL which is no longer being updated. Make sure you have the version checked out from the correct CVS archive.

One way to check is to look at the CVS directory in the main directory of the NPL. Look at the CVS/Root file and see if it ends in cvs.webwork.rochester.edu:/webwork/cvs/npl and not something else. If it is not from the npl archive, check out a new copy and run NPL-update again.

I think this may be your problem as your directory is called database_problems which was the old name; the new one is NationalProblemLibrary (in the documentation; see http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/National_Problem_Library).

Hope that works for you.