WeBWorK Main Forum

LTI error from Moodle

LTI error from Moodle

by Benjamin Walter -
Number of replies: 1
I'm having the same problem as Michael Shulman in his post 
 LTI Error from Blackboard

However, my error cannot be worked around quite as easily.  The Moodle system used at my university contains a Ü in its name. The Ü is sent in the OAuth packet as
  • tool_consumer_instance_name => ODTÃCLASS 2016-2017 FALL
which leads to the error
  • Net::OAuth warning: your OAuth message appears to contain some multi-byte characters that need to be decoded via Encode.pm or a PerlIO layer first. This may result in an incorrect signature. at /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Net/OAuth/Message.pm line 106.
  • Net::OAuth warning: your OAuth message appears to contain some multi-byte characters that need to be decoded via Encode.pm or a PerlIO layer first. This may result in an incorrect signature. at /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Net/OAuth/Message.pm line 106.
I previously had the same thing happen on my test moodle/webwork server and was able to fix it by removing umlauts from the name of the moodle server.  But I don't think that I'll be able to convince my university to change the name of their moodle server to suit me.

I'll attempt to hunt through the LTI code on webwork to see if I can come up with a fix.... but I'd greatly appreciate any help that anyone else could offer.

Benjamin Walter