WeBWorK Main Forum

Copying Edited Problems from Course to Course

Copying Edited Problems from Course to Course

by Anthony Paolillo -
Number of replies: 1

I've been trying to transfer problems that have been edited and stored in temporary files from one section of a class to another. I've been doing this by exporting the set in which the modified problem occurs to the file manager of the first course, archiving, downloading ,then uploading to the second course's file manager and importing into the homework editor. Invariably the problems that have been edited appear with the message: "This source file does not exist".

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice on this matter.

Thanks,
Anthony Paolillo

In reply to Anthony Paolillo

Re: Copying Edited Problems from Course to Course

by Michael Gage -
Hi,

Have you looked closely at the paths associated with the problems?  Your procedure is basically right but you do need to upload the problem .pg files so they are in the same directories (relative to the new template directory) as they were in the original course's template directory.  You can move files around by renaming them.  That is renaming   [TMPL]/foo.pg   to local/foo.pg  moves the file to [TMPL]/local/foo.pg   

If you don't want to move the files you can edit the "path" that appears in the homework set editor so it corresponds to the new position of the .pg file relative to the template directory.  

Hope this helps.

-- Mike