WeBWorK Main Forum

Error in Translator.pm in a problem using ANS(RationalExpEvaluator($answer,"x"));

Error in Translator.pm in a problem using ANS(RationalExpEvaluator($answer,"x"));

by Daniel An -
Number of replies: 0
Hi, we had some warning messages and error when using some questions from CollegeOfIdaho problem set.
For example, if I put the correct answer to the problem:
Library/CollegeOfIdaho/setAlgebra_06_01_MultDivRationalExpressions/61IntAlg_18_MultDivRatExp.pg
it just posts some warning message and does not grade the problem at all.

The warning messages shown are:

PG question processing error messages

PG warning messages

------
The evaluated answer is not an answer hash : ||.

WeBWorK Warnings

WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information.

Warning messages

• Use of uninitialized value $new_rh_ans_evaluation_result in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1337
So I upgraded webwork2, pg, libraries and MathJax to the latest version, and updated the database following http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Release_notes_for_WeBWorK_2.12#Upgrade_Instructions, but the warning message did not get resolved.

It seems like all the problems using RationalExpEvaluator spits out this warning message. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.