WeBWorK Main Forum

WeBWorK Warnings: Subroutine fh redefined at (eval 1227) line 1.

WeBWorK Warnings: Subroutine fh redefined at (eval 1227) line 1.

by E. Laliquo -
Number of replies: 2
I run my own webwork server. I followed all the instructions to integrate webwork with R Statistics. Everything works fine, but now I (and my students) get annoying webwork warnings at the end of every page -- how do i get rid of them?

WeBWorK Warnings

WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information.

Warning messages

• Subroutine fh redefined at (eval 1227) line 1.
  • Subroutine server redefined at (eval 1228) line 1.
  • Subroutine port redefined at (eval 1229) line 1.
  • Subroutine _autoclose redefined at (eval 1230) line 1.
  • Subroutine _autoflush redefined at (eval 1231) line 1.
  • Subroutine _usesocket redefined at (eval 1232) line 1.

In reply to E. Laliquo

Re: WeBWorK Warnings: Subroutine fh redefined at (eval 1227) line 1.

by E. Laliquo -
These subroutines appear to be defined in Rserve.pm. I found two copies of this perl module, one in usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1/Statistics/R/IO and one in opt/webwork/pg/lib -- for some reason, perl may be running over both of these copies. I have renamed

mv -v Rserve.pm Rserve.bak

in opt/webwork/pg/lib, and now it appears I don't get that error message anymore.
In reply to E. Laliquo

Re: WeBWorK Warnings: Subroutine fh redefined at (eval 1227) line 1.

by E. Laliquo -
Yes, that's true, but it messes up other more serious things. I have reverted to Rserve.pm, and now I have the annoying error messages again. Any help? This must be a perl issue, where these functions are multiply defined.