WeBWorK Main Forum

instructorXMLHandler:error

instructorXMLHandler:error

by Ever Barbero -
Number of replies: 4
The last thing I did was to delete a problem of set 'Homework 5' using the Homework Editor. Now I cannot add a problem. When I try to add a problem Iget a popup windows that says 'instructorXMLHandler:error' 

Homework 5 was assigned only to me. I unassigned it. It is not visible. Still I get the error. 

I created a new set called 'Homework V'. I cannot add a problem to that either. I get the same error. 

I logout, then login, same error. 

Please help me. I am in the middle of the semester. 
In reply to Ever Barbero

Re: instructorXMLHandler:error

by Ever Barbero -
WebWork 2.12, Ubuntu 16.04

In reply to Ever Barbero

by Ever Barbero -
Update: I was using my Admin account to do my instructor work. 

Now I added another user with a different user name, email, etc. and Admin privileges. Once I log in as the new user "ejbarbero" I do not experience any problems with Homework 5. I deleted Homework V. I added a problem to Homework 5. 

Next, I went back to my Admin account. Now I can see Homework V has been deleted (it is not there). I can see the problems in Homework 5 as I set them up a minute ago as "ejbarbero" and they are all fine. 

But I am afraid to do anything else from the Admin account. What should I do ? 

In reply to Ever Barbero

by Ever Barbero -
please help !!! 

after using WebWork for another week without problems, now I am virtually shut down. I cannot use the Library Browser to add problems to any new Homework set I create. In Library Browser, I can create a new set but it will not let me add new problems. I gives the same error as before: instructorXMLHandle.error in a popup window. Once I click OK to kicks me out to the list of courses. 

I have a homework 6 setup with 3 problems but I cannot add more. 
The problem appeared when I tried to "move" problem before problem 2. 
It did not do it and locked up the system. 

I can use the file manager. 
Students are responding questions in Homework 5 without problems. 
I created Homework 7 but I cannot add a single problem to it. 

What should I do?

In reply to Ever Barbero

by Michael Gage -
Can you tell me the url of the server and course you are using when you get this error?  Have you looked in the error console report given in View->Developer->DeveloperTools in the chrome browser (firebug in the Firefox browser, and a similar developer tools name in Safari)?  This lists javaScript errors that occur -- and that is the kind of error you are getting when attempting to access the Library Browser.  The error messages there may give some clue.

Also make sure that the url for your site defined in webwork2/conf/site.conf is exactly correct (in particular it uses http -- if that is what you use to connect or https if that is what you use -- switching between the two can cause errors such as you describe).