WeBWorK Problems

How to let student to access Homework Sets from backend login after LTI Setup?

How to let student to access Homework Sets from backend login after LTI Setup?

by Aung Linn -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I have setup Canvas LTI integration with WebWork and it is working fine.

However, there are users/professors and custom students who want to login from WebWork backend and access the homework sets.

When the student/user login from backend, there is a notice "You must log into this set via your Learning Management System" and cannot access to the homework set.

How do I let users to access homeworks/problem sets from WebWork backend login? What configuration files I need to edit?

Attachment WebWork_LTI_Backend_Login.JPG
In reply to Aung Linn

Re: How to let student to access Homework Sets from backend login after LTI Setup?

by Danny Glin -
Based on your screenshot it looks like you have set up an assignment-level link in Canvas to that specific assignment, and enabled grade passback. I'm guessing that you have already commented out "$external_auth=1" in authen_LTI.conf to get to this point. Is this correct?

If so, then I believe that this is the expected behaviour. If students circumvent the LTI login, then WeBWorK will be unable to pass grades back to Canvas, which is why it prevents them from accessing the homework set.

At this point I'm not sure that there is a mechanism in the code to override this. Without editing the code, you may be stuck choosing between forcing all users to use LTI login on sets where grade passback is enabled, or not using grade passback on sets where non-LTI users need access.
In reply to Danny Glin

Re: How to let student to access Homework Sets from backend login after LTI Setup?

by Aung Linn -
I see, omg thanks! You saved my day!