Installation

unable to log into the admin course after upgrading to 2.13

unable to log into the admin course after upgrading to 2.13

by Dave Meng -
Number of replies: 2
I was following Upgrading instructions of Release notes for WeBWork 2.12 (http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Release_notes_for_WeBWorK_2.12#.WZoCmFGGOUk). I did not know 2.13 has been released when I did git pulling.
Anyway, after some problems and with the help of our system administrator, I was able to finish step 8) upgrade_admin_ab.pl

Now, my problem is that I can not log into the admin course anymore. What should I do? If I try to log into a live webwork course, I got the following warning message and error message:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning messages
  • It looks like the database is missing a column. You may need to upgrade your course tables. If this is the admin course then you will need to upgrade the admin tables using the upgrade_admin_db.pl script. at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 823.

Error messages

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'lis_source_did' in 'field list' at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 826.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that I need to upgrade the database for my courses.

If this turns out to be a complicated problem, is there anyway that I can regress to what we have before(2.10?). We still have live courses going right now.

Our system is running Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS. We were running webwork 2.10.
We upgraded to 2.10 two years ago after much struggle. I also posted messages asking for help her.

Thanks,

Dave
In reply to Dave Meng

Re: unable to log into the admin course after upgrading to 2.13

by Danny Glin -
Just to clarify: upgrade_admin_db.pl ran successfully, and you are still not able to log in to the admin course? What error do you get when you log in to the admin course?

The solution for your other courses is to use the "Upgrade courses" tool in the admin course, but of course this involves having access to the admin course.
In reply to Danny Glin

Re: unable to log into the admin course after upgrading to 2.13

by Dave Meng -
Hi Danny,

Yes, I ran upgrade_admin_db.pl without any complains. I just learnt the problem from our system administrator. I forgot to uncomment LDAP Authentication option which is what we use here in my localOverride.conf. Everything works now.

Thank you for trying to answer my question.

Dave