WeBWorK Main Forum

Classlist Editor2 displaying all users

Classlist Editor2 displaying all users

by Ryan Hass -
Number of replies: 3
I have two courses hosted on the same webwork server (theme: math4 | ww_version: 2.9 | pg_version: 2.10) and I am experiencing different behavior when I click on the Classlist Editor2 menu item.

In course A, I see all of the students in the course once I select the Classlist Editor2. In course B, I see none of the students in the course and I have to select from the filtering options. I don't see any settings to change the behavior of the Classlist Editor2 to display all of the students when I click on the Classlist Editor2 menu item.

What would cause the different behavior in each of the courses?
In reply to Ryan Hass

Re: Classlist Editor2 displaying all users

by Danny Glin -
There is a threshold based on the number of users in the course, which I believe is 200. Once your course contains more than this number, no users are loaded when you first access the Classlist Editor to prevent the page from getting too big.
In reply to Danny Glin

by Ryan Hass -
That would be it, I have 203 students in the course. Is there anyway this can be configurable? When I have 203 students in the course and I'm looking into their progress in the Classlist Editor2 I run into this UI issue many times each day. The extra mouse clicks really start to add up and provide friction.
In reply to Ryan Hass

by Danny Glin -
It is currently hard-coded into the Classlist Editor, but it's easy to change if you're willing to edit the code.

In /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/UserList2.pm look for the following line:
use constant HIDE_USERS_THRESHHOLD => 200;

You can change the value to whatever you want.

You'll have to restart apache in order for your changes to take effect.