WeBWorK Main Forum

Answer hash warning with graph theory questions from the OPL

Answer hash warning with graph theory questions from the OPL

by Aba Mbirika -
Number of replies: 2
I am having issues with a set of problems from the OPL that worked fine when I last taught the graph theory section of my course in 2015 (we were using WeBWorK version 2.10 back then). We have since upgraded to version 2.13 now in 2017.

For example, one such question (from Library/NAU/setGraphTheory/MakeEulerCircuit.pg in the OPL) gives the warning at the top of the question:
Warning -- There may be something wrong with this question. Please inform your instructor including the warning messages below.

But then it correctly evaluates the problem (i.e., lets the student know if they are correct or not), but then it adds a warning after this evaluation:

PG question processing error messages

PG warning messages

------
The evaluated answer is not an answer hash HASH(0xb3284f9c): |HASH|.

WeBWorK Warnings

WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information.

Warning messages

• HASH(0xb3284f9c) is not an answerHash in queue evaluator
  • HASH(0xb3284f9c) is not an answerHash in queue post_filter

Request information

Time Tue Nov 28 10:26:07 2017
Method POST
URI /webwork2/314_Fall_2017_Mbirika/Ch.10_Graph_Theory_HW/2/

I am not sure why this warning is appearing. Perhaps it has something to do with the ans_hash code as follows?:

my $ans_hash = { score => $score,
correct_ans => '',
student_ans => $view,
  preview_latex_string => $intex,
#   original_student_ans => $orig_in,
ans_message => ($score) ? '' : $message
};

Thanks for any thoughts that anyone may have on this matter.

Cheers,
aBa

In reply to Aba Mbirika

Re: Answer hash warning with graph theory questions from the OPL

by Katie Johnson -
I would love a solution to this as well, since I am having the same problem! I am using WeBWorK for my graph theory course this semester, so it's important that I can actually get the graph theory problems to work. :)
In reply to Aba Mbirika

Re: Answer hash warning with graph theory questions from the OPL

by Nandor Sieben -
This came up before. The problems work fine in spite of the warnings. I am not exactly sure what the resolution is. If someone has versions that resolve the warnings, then I'd like to have them so that I can update the OPL.

This discussion is relevant:

http://webwork.maa.org/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3880