WeBWorK Problems

Are these the Trigonometry libraries available in the OPL? Also: question about embedding graphics

Are these the Trigonometry libraries available in the OPL? Also: question about embedding graphics

by Miguel-Angel Manrique -
Number of replies: 2
I am slated to teach Trigonometry next term and wanted to acquaint myself with problems that have already been written. A quick look through the OPL yielded problems from the following institutions:

Mississippi College:
MC/Sage/Trig
MC/Trigonometry (bravo on the figures!)

Northern Arizona University:
NAU/setTrig...

Rochester:
Rochester/setTrig...

Union College:
Union/setTrig...

Utah:
Utah/Trigonometry/set...

Are there any other institutions whose problem sets I may have missed? I hope to write a good number of Trigonometry problems this Spring and wanted to make sure I follow accepted conventions for doing so.

Also, are there guidelines for embedding graphics that will display on screen and also typeset to PDF? I.e, is there a resolution I should try to stick to to ensure PDFs print well?
In reply to Miguel-Angel Manrique

Re: Are these the Trigonometry libraries available in the OPL? Also: question about embedding graphics

by Hedley Pinsent -
There are some trigonometry in my post re: Features and Development; you may like some of that. Go to the latest post there. ie Sketch_examples...

http://webwork.maa.org/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3588

Also I am attaching Triangle.pg
This was written prior to "Sketch.pl" and I have posted it before.

The big thing I don't like about it is that the right triangle do not have the little square in the corner; this would have been easy had I had "Sketch".

"Triangle.pg" is actually many triangle problems. The intention is that you would make several versions (copies) and specify which kinds of triangles you want to deal with in each version.

I tried to be exhaustive and maybe I was; I gave up worrying about it when I realized I had way more than I would ever be able to use.

Any testing would have been done in very small settings; large chunks of "Triangle.pg" have possibly not been tested at all.

Exerpt from "Triangle.pg"

# case 0 - LL90 pythagoras
# case 0.1 LL90 pythagoras - small numbers
# case 0.2 LL90 pythagoras - large numbers
# case 0.3 LL90 pythagoras - scientific notation
# case 1 - HL90 pythagoras
#etc
#
# case 2 - LL90 solve
# case 3 - HL90 solve
# case 4 - AL90 solve
# case 5 - AH90 solve
# case 6 - sss - all angles acute
# case 7 - sss - one angle obtuse
# case 8 - sas cosine law acute -all angles acute
# case 9 sas cosine law acute with unknown obtuse
# case 10 - sas cosine law - given obtuse
# case 11 - ass acute
# case 12 - ass obtuse
# case 13 - asa all angles acute
# case 14 - aas all angles acute

###########################################

#@caseList = (0,0.1,0.2,0.3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13);
#@caseList = @caseList [NchooseK(scalar @caseList,scalar @caseList)];
#@caseList = ((3) x 50);
@caseList = (13.1,13.2,13.3,14);
In reply to Hedley Pinsent

Re: Are these the Trigonometry libraries available in the OPL? Also: question about embedding graphics

by Miguel-Angel Manrique -
Thank you! This is fantastic! I will take a very deep look into this!

Miguel