WeBWorK Main Forum

CAPA problems

CAPA problems

by Sean Fitzpatrick -
Number of replies: 4
I noticed that in the local overrides config file, there are several lines commented out that involve tools and images for the CAPA physics problems.

Are these needed for some of the CAPA problems to work properly, or is legacy code that is no longer needed? The documentation on the WeBWorK wiki still references CVS installation instructions, which suggests to me that it's out of date.
In reply to Sean Fitzpatrick

Re: CAPA problems

by Arnold Pizer -
Look at the instructions
http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.13_on_Ubuntu_16.04#Install_and_Set_Up_the_CAPA_Library
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by Sean Fitzpatrick -
Thanks.
I wasn't sure if this was necessary, since there are a bunch of CAPA problems that already show up under local problems, and all of the ones I've tried seem to work fine without any further intervention.
In reply to Sean Fitzpatrick

by Arnold Pizer -
If you can view CAPA problems, then someone must have made the required changes on your server or your server was installed from a source (e.g. the WeBWorK .iso images) that include CAPA.

In any event, if you can view CAPA files then all is well and as you say, no further intervention is required.
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by Michael Gage -
The library of CAPA problems currently resides in the Contrib directory of webwork-open-problem-library. Those problems have not yet been moved tagged, vetted and moved into the OPL. For now you need a separate Contrib button to access them. The Contrib button is installed using the same instructions as for the old CAPA button and gives you access to all of the contributed problems including CAPA. You may not want to make this available to all instructors or in all courses since all the new possibilities are a bit overwhelming. The Contrib problems cannot be accessed by key words or meta-data from the library -- you have to know exactly the path of
the problem you want.