WeBWorK Main Forum

reduced scoring date vs default length of reduced scoring period in minutes

reduced scoring date vs default length of reduced scoring period in minutes

by Paul Seeburger -
Number of replies: 1
I am finding it a challenge to give an extension to individual students while turning on reduced scoring for the rest of the class.

If I set the reduced scoring date to midnight tomorrow (i.e., 12:00am), for example, and move the due date to 11:59 pm tomorrow night, this makes it reduced scoring for everyone, starting at 12:00 am tomorrow, even if I have extended the due date beyond the reduced scoring period (in minutes) of an individual student.

Is there a way to turn off the reduced scoring date feature and go back to using the default length of reduced scoring period in minutes instead?

Or of editing the reduced scoring feature for individual students?

Thanks!

Paul
In reply to Paul Seeburger

Re: reduced scoring date vs default length of reduced scoring period in minutes

by Paul Seeburger -
Ok, I now see that there is a reduced scoring date for individual students... once the reduced scoring is turned on for that set.

That makes sense and it should take care of this issue nicely.

And I see that I can set that date to be the same time it is due, so that student does not have a reduced scoring period at all! This works well!

But why is the "default length of reduced scoring period in minutes" still an option in the course configuration? What does it do now?

Thanks!

Paul