Installation

Download PDF

Download PDF

by Marie-Claude Bonneau -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,
Our IT department hired an external consultant to install us a new WeBWorK version and now, we cannot generate PDF. We can generate Tex but I would like the PDF functionality. And since I have to help our IT department fix this, any detailed help would be appreciated ;)

Here is the error message :

4 errors occured while generating hardcopy:

• Failed to convert TeX to PDF with command 'cd /opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/tmp/Linear_Algebra_I/hardcopy/work.ASIImIbU && /bin/pdflatex --shell-escape >pdflatex.stdout 2>pdflatex.stderr hardcopy' (exit=1 signal=0 core=0).
  • First error in TeX log is:
    ! LaTeX Error: File `path.sty' not found. Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed, or enter new name. (Default extension: sty) Enter file name: 
  • Failed to rename 'hardcopy.pdf' to 'Linear_Algebra_I.mbonneau.Assignment_11_W2019.pdf' in directory '/opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/tmp/Linear_Algebra_I/hardcopy/work.ASIImIbU':
    /bin/mv: cannot stat '/opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/tmp/Linear_Algebra_I/hardcopy/work.ASIImIbU/hardcopy.pdf': No such file or directory 
  • Final hardcopy file '/opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/tmp/Linear_Algebra_I/hardcopy/work.ASIImIbU/hardcopy.pdf' not found after calling 'generate_hardcopy_pdf': No such file or directory

WeBWorK was unable to generate a paper copy of this homework set. Please inform your instructor.

Thank you.
In reply to Marie-Claude Bonneau

Re: Download PDF

by Michael Gage -
Hi Marie-Claude,

The only problem is that the TeX distribution on your machine is missing the file
`path.sty`.

The comments here might help.

The path.sty file can be found at

and here is something describing where to put it in the tex tree:

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Mike