WeBWorK Main Forum

invitation to E-Assessment in the Mathematical Sicences virtual conference 6/22 to 7/1/2020

invitation to E-Assessment in the Mathematical Sicences virtual conference 6/22 to 7/1/2020

by Michael Gage -
Number of replies: 0

I have this invitation from Christian Lawson-Perfect at the University of Newcastle, UK.  This seems to me to be an excellent opportunity for a number of webwork community members to present their work or to help organize online demonstration/tutorial sessions for those interested in finding out about WeBWorK. It's also a good opportunity to find out about related developments in the UK and in Europe such as STACK, Numbas and more.  (see below for more info)

-----------------

Dear Mike,

I hope you’re well. I’m writing to you because you have delivered a talk at the E-Assessment in the Mathematical Sciences (EAMS) conference in the past. 

We’re running EAMS again this year, entirely online. I’d like to invite you to participate and, if you have something that you could share, to submit a proposal for a talk or workshop. We’re interested in hearing about new e-assessment systems or features, experiences using e-assessment in teaching and assessment, andgood practice in assessment design. I'm particularly keen to hear about new developments to WeBWorK since your keynote in 2016.

The conference takes place between 22nd June and 1st July 2020.  

Live talks will take place over Zoom, with recordings available later. Live sessions will take place at 9am or 4pm BST (UTC +1) each day. We hope that the online format and longer timescale will allow participants to engage more deeply with the material presented. 

You can submit a proposal for a talk at eams.ncl.ac.uk/call-for-speakers.  

To attend the conference, please register for free at eams.ncl.ac.uk/register.

Please circulate this around the WeBWorK community. Hopefully the online format will make it easier for people in your part of the world to take part this time.

I hope to hear from you soon! 

Christian

-------------------------------------------

Some background: The conference I spoke at in 2016 is archived here: https://eams.ncl.ac.uk/archive/2016/.    The slides for my talk are: https://eams.ncl.ac.uk/archive/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/slides-mike-gage.pdf. Chris Sangwin spoke about STACK and Christian Lawson-Perfect spoke about Numbas.  Of course there have been many developments since then.

If you look at the "call for speakers" you'll see that there are opportunities to offer demonstration/tutorial workshops about the online assessment software. Is anyone interested in organizing or participating in such an activity? I can set courses up on demo.webwork.rochester.edu to facilitate such an activity.

- Mike