WeBWorK Problems

hierarchical, nested buttons for problem libraries

Re: hierarchical, nested buttons for problem libraries

by Danny Glin -
Number of replies: 0
A nested set of buttons is not something that is currently implemented.  I can think of a couple of partial solutions:
  1. Having a button called "Old", and then within that file structure having a folder for each course, with subfolders within that by topic.  I'm guessing that this is what you currently have.  This would work reasonably well if each course only had a few subfolders, but if there are a lot of subfolders in each then scrolling to subsequent courses would be awkward.
  2. You could add tags to the OPL taxonomy for your old courses.  e.g. have a subject called "Old Problems", then a chapter with the name of each course, followed by a section for each topic within the course.  This would involve tagging all of the problems, but could be automated by adding tags based on the names of the folders.

I think anything beyond that would involve upgrades to the Library Browser.  I'd love to see the Library Browser improved so that it could handle a variety of different metadata, but that is a bigger project that no one has jumped on.