Installation

Browsing set definition files

Browsing set definition files

by Alberto Candel -
Number of replies: 4
I created a new course using templates from and old one. I also made links to the problem libraries that I have installed in our system (Rochester, Union, ...). These libraries have, besides pg problem files, set definition files.

When I go to Course->Instr Tools->Library Browser->Set Definition Files
I get to see not just the definition files that I have in the templates directory of Course, but also all the definition files in the problem libraries which are linked to the templates directory of Course.

Is there an option as to what to display? (For some of the instructors new to WW that I have this may be too much info.) If so, how will I do to just display the set definition files in the templates directory of Course?

Thank you
Alberto
In reply to Alberto Candel

Re: Browsing set definition files

by Davide Cervone -
I agree that the extra set definition files in the listing are annoying, and there should be a way to disable showing them.

In the meantime, there are two suggestions that I have: first, you could simply delete the set.def files from the Rochester and other libraries (I don't see there is any need for them now that the Library Browser is more mature); second, you could make a directory in the course templates directory with a name starting with a letter early in the alphabet, and have the faculty put their own set.def files in that directory. That way they will be listed ABOVE the ones from the Rochester and other libraries, and so be easier to get to. Not a great solution, but it helps.

Davide
In reply to Davide Cervone

by Alberto Candel -
Thanks Davide. That helps but, is there a way to reverse the listing of directories?
If so, that way will probably require the least amount of work.

Alberto
In reply to Alberto Candel

by Davide Cervone -
I'm not sure I fully understand your request, but it would certainly be possible to present the list in a different order. I might suggest putting all the top-level files first and the subdirectories at the bottom, rather than use strict alphabetical order. That would put the library entries below the ones that are in the templates directory itself, which are most likely to be the ones the professor is interested in.

Davide
In reply to Davide Cervone

by Alberto Candel -
Well, thank you. You answered what I wanted to know (listing in a different order), but in the meantime I ended up removing all the set.def files from the libraries. It really seems to be easiest and cleanest this way.
Thanks, Alberto