WeBWorK Main Forum

Library Browser Keyword search not working

Library Browser Keyword search not working

by ADAM SIKORA -
Number of replies: 5

I am trying to search for all publicly available problems in probability with a certain word. However, the Library Browser Keyword search claims no results, not matter how trivial the keyword is. (For example it claims there are no problems with the word "is" in them.) However, if keyword is empty then it finds many results. Am I doing something wrong or is is a bug?

Library Browser Keyword search showing no results

In reply to ADAM SIKORA

Re: Library Browser Keyword search not working

by Glenn Rice -
It sounds like your OPL database tables are not set up. Do you have administrative access to the server? If so run OPL-update. This can take a while.
In reply to ADAM SIKORA

by Alex Jordan -

I don't think that it should find anything if you use "is" as the keyword. My understanding is that it's not based on any words appearing in the problem. Keywords are specifically tagged in each problem. Here is one list of explicitly tagged keywords, which may be out of date:

https://hobbes.la.asu.edu/Holt/keywords.html

Can you try using one of these and see if you still get no hits?

In reply to Alex Jordan

by Glenn Rice -
Yes, Alex is absolutely correct on this. I should have pointed that out.

The search will only find these keywords that are in the database (OPL-update adds these from the ## KEYWORDS tag set in problems).

Searching all files in the OPL to check if they contain a particular word would take a long time and would be to intensive for the server.