Installation

wwassignment

wwassignment

by Michael Gage -
Number of replies: 4
Steven McKay [Mon, 13:38]: Michael,
I tried to post in the installation forum, but I am told that I am not allowed to post there. I think I had this problem before. Anyway,
I am trying to reply to your most recent post on April 13 in the thread: Problems with wwassignment. I don't mean to be obtuse here (no one does smile but I followed these directions and could not get it to work. It seems that the version of lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/Moodle/* was not correct, as I got the same error as before. Do I need to upgrade the entire webwork to 2-3-exp, or am I doing something stupid?

By the way, I'm the one originating this thread, and still have not gotten anything to work, but it seems that I'm going to need to nuke my webwork installation and install from scratch. If I need to install 2-3-exp, please let me know.

Thanks for your help,
Steve McKay
In reply to Michael Gage

Re: wwassignment

by Michael Gage -
Dear Steve,

I'm not sure why you can't post in installWW -- you are listed
as a member.

The wwassignment that is in the CVS (rel-2-3-dev) works with Moodle 1.6. Moodle changed its database layout dramatically in moving to Moodle 1.7 -- that's probably the problem.

I can send you privately a version of Schema/Moodle that works with Moodle 1.7, but thanks to Matt Leventi we are close to releasing a version of wwassignment and Schema/Moodle and Auth/Moodle that uses webservices instead of database lookup to connect moodle and webwork. That should be significantly more robust and stable in the future and one that, once it's stable we can release to the general moodle community. The current versions of wwassignment, using the shared database hack, are too delicate to maintain for very long.

-- Mike
In reply to Michael Gage

by Steven McKay -
I don't know why I couldn't reply before. It's working now.
Thank you for your reply. I have been looking in cvs and can see that Matt Leventi is hard at work in changing wwassignment. However, I am under significant pressure to get this working soon. Do you know when Matt's work is expected to be done?

If you could send me your version that works with moodle 1.7, I would appreciate it. Then I could get it running until Matts work is released.

Thanks for your help,
Steve
In reply to Michael Gage

by Curtis Card -

Hi Michael,

This summer I have finally had the time to upgrade to the latest versions of Moodle 1.8.2 and Webwork 2.3.2.  I'm really interested in the integration of Moodel and Webwork.  Will the Schema/Moodle work with this installation and if so could you send it to me?  If not, when will the new release you are referring to come out?  I serve as a volunteer system administrator for our Math Department and have more time to do any major upgrades during the summer.

Thanks.

In reply to Curtis Card

by Matthew Leventi -
Hello,

I have designed two ways you can connect your course wwmoodle, wwquestion. I recommend you use wwquestion. This effectively allows you to add webwork questions directly into your moodle course's question bank. It is also the faster and more stable alternative of the two.

I can help you get up and running... my email: mleventi@gmail.com

Matt