Installation

ImageGenerator / mysql Error

ImageGenerator / mysql Error

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

I am running into the following error message when I change the display options from jsMath to images

Warning messages

• DBD::mysql::db selectall_arrayref failed: Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/ImageGenerator.pm line 433.

Error messages

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/ImageGenerator.pm line 434.

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in WeBWorK::PG::Local::new called at line 52 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/PG.pm
  • in WeBWorK::PG::new called at line 242 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/ProblemSet.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::ProblemSet::info called at line 152 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 480 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 188 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 338 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm
I have changed the setting $WeBWorK::PG::ImageGenerator::PreserveTempFiles to 1 (in webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Constants.pm). but that did not seem to solve the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a different note but related to the reason why I need "images" to work, my students cannot properly view the mathematical equations with Internet Explorer (the default display mode is jsMath). I use FireFox and do not run into any problems. What kind of funny things could be happening?

Regards,
Marie-Claude

In reply to Deleted user

Re: ImageGenerator / mysql Error

by Michael Gage -
Hi,
See http://devel.webwork.rochester.edu/twiki/bin/view/Webwork/InstallationManualV2pt4#Image_depths_database

for instructions on adding the depths table to your database. You might also review the other instructions for updating the database as well since there have been several database changes since webwork 2.2 (the depths table was introduced in webwork 2.3).

Run bin/wwdb_check (if needed) and bin/wwdb_upgrade to bring the databases up to date -- but read the directions in the upgrade manual first. :-)

-- Mike