Installation

After updating, making hardcopies does not work

After updating, making hardcopies does not work

by Robin Cruz -
Number of replies: 2

I upgraded webwork2 and pg and things seem to be working except I can't get webwork to give hardcopies.  When I select a problem set to make a hardcopy, the screen shows it's working at it -- as it usually does -- and then I get a "HTTP 404 Not Found" page.

Thanks --rac

In reply to Robin Cruz

Re: After updating, making hardcopies does not work

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Robin,

Can you figure out what file it's looking for that it's not finding? For example, if you can look in the server's error_log file, it might say what the filename is that it's not finding and give a hint as to where the problem is.

It sounds to me as if the WeBWorK server may be failing to create the PDF correctly. If it's getting most of the way there, it may then be that the URL for the hardcopy gets sent to the browser but there's no file there, which would result in the error you're seeing. There may be information in the WeBWorK log, or it may be by changing the variable $WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Hardcopy::PreserveTempFiles in webwork/lib/WeBWorK to 1 will let you see what file(s) are causing problems.

Gavin
In reply to Gavin LaRose

Re: After updating, making hardcopies does not work

by Robin Cruz -
Thanks Gavin for getting back to me so fast. I finally sat down to look into
this again, and -- it seems to be working now, like it healed itself ?? Nobody
has fiddled with the box since I asked for help, so beats me, but thanks for
for your time. I really appreciate the fact that you are so willing to help when
I ask a question.

Thanks again -- rac