Installation

Upgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.4.1

Upgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.4.1

by Rich Winkel -
Number of replies: 1

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.4.1. Running wwdb_check produces the message:

"The following tables exist in the database but are not associated with any course" followed by a list of XXXX_{key,password,permission,problem,problem_user,set,set_user,user}
where XXXX is a set of courses.

It doesn't offer to fix anything. Is this a problem?

Thanks!!
Rich

In reply to Rich Winkel

Re: Upgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.4.1

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Rich,

To me this sounds as if you have a number of courses for which the course directory got removed but the database table remains. My bet is that for all practical purposes this won't have an impact on your use of the new version of WeBWorK.

If these are courses that you no longer need or want it might be nice to get rid of the database tables from an aesthetic viewpoint. I think it may be hard from within WeBWorK itself, however. If you have access to the mySQL server you could drop those tables manually. If not, but you have access to the webserver, you might be able to fake it by manually creating course directories for the XXXX courses (using mkdir from a terminal window, and then changing the ownership of the directories to make them writable by the web server) and then deleting the courses through the WeBWorK admin course.

Gavin