WeBWorK Main Forum

Where is the rest of the file when clicking on Edit?

Where is the rest of the file when clicking on Edit?

by John Travis -
Number of replies: 3

After making no changes to the system recently, I just noticed that when trying to edit a pg file using the internal editor I only get about the first 30 lines of the file and then blank for the rest.  I could show you a file but it would just look like header info and then the first few lines of code before nothing.  Any ideas what might have changed?

Thanks,

JT

In reply to John Travis

Re: Where is the rest of the file when clicking on Edit?

by Danny Glin -
My first thought was that the IRS was withholding 30% of your files, but they usually take it off the top...
Have you tried a different browser? Also, check the apache error log on your server to see if anything is reported, and take a look at your browser's developer console to see if it gives you any errors.
In reply to Danny Glin

by John Travis -
Thanks. Remember this is US, not Canadian! :)

Same behavior in Chrome and Firefox. Didn't try anything else.
Didn't see anything I noticed that was unusual in the console in Chrome.
The only odd thing in the apache error log is a persistent "Subroutine TEX redefined at (eval ####) line ####, chunk 1

If have been going through the various CPAN modules and upgrading once that look interesting. Still no success. 29-30 lines in the editor and then nothing. Even when I try to save to another file name, the original code does not come along...just the 29-30 lines.

After hitting a lot of the CPAN upgrades, the "Subroutine" error no longer appears in the error log when clicking on "Edit" in the browser.  The set that got rid of that was
 1049  sudo cpan File::Copy
 1050  sudo cpan File::Find
 1052  sudo cpan File::Find::Rule
 1053  sudo cpan File::Path
 1054  sudo cpan File::Spec
 1056  sudo cpan File::stat
 1058  sudo cpan File::Temp

This is now what I get in the apache error log when restarting.  Nothing else arrives now when I click on Edit.

[Thu Jul 01 11:22:10 2021] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.9 PHP/5.3.3 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_apreq2-20090110/2.8.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu Jul 01 11:24:18 2021] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart
Use of uninitialized value $WeBWorK::Constants::PG_DIRECTORY in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WebworkClient.pm line 111.
[Thu Jul 01 11:24:19 2021] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Thu Jul 01 11:24:19 2021] [notice] Digest: done

Thanks.
In reply to John Travis

by John Travis -
Update...got the apache error to go away but still had the edit issue. Then remembered that I have a localized version of the system.template where the only two changes are where the "WeBWorK" name in the banner is something local and the maa.org logo and link directed to our campus logo and link. With these changes, the editor issue still comes up. When I switch back to math4 with the standard name and link and logo, the editor works as expected. Odd.