Our institution has decided that we want to pilot this on our platform and before we begin, I would like to know a bit more this application.
1. Does this application run or can it run on RHEL 8.X? Redhat Enterprise Linux version 8.x? I saw the docs that you do but people mostly use Ubuntu/MySQL correct? Was it because it was built with Ubuntu distro primarily?
- I see it does it use a database and if so, which is the recommended one and minimum version?
- Does it use PHP and if so, what is the minimum version?
- I noticed it uses Perl? Any specific recommendations for this setup under redhat 8?
- What is its Moodle integration and how does it work? We don’t host our own Moodle (outsourced to a provider) so it is important we know what needs and how things are integrated.
- Does our WeBWorK server it need to be exposed publicly or can it just reside inside our firewall?
- Any special ports, firewall rules, plugins, packages, technology, etc? do we need to set up for it to communicate with other systems?
- Any other detailed information that you can provide to us would be great.