Installation

WeBWorK 2.4.7 and SOAP

WeBWorK 2.4.7 and SOAP

by Jean-Marc Roy -
Number of replies: 2
I have been using the Moodle Question Type and the Moodle Question Server written by Matthew Leventi for the last year without major problems. When I tried to install the patch from 2.4.1 to 2.4.7 most of the questions of type WeBWorK stop working with rather obscures errors.

I use fedora 11 with moodle 9.4 and WeBWorK 2.4.1. To upgrade I did
cd /opt/webwork/webwork2
cvs -q up -dP -rrel-2-4-5
cd /opt/webwork/pg
cvs -q up -dP -rrel-2-4-5
There were no majors differences between the global.conf.dist, webwork.apache2-config.dist and database.conf.dist files in both version. So I did not modified those files. I don't know if I should add (with or without modification) the following lines
 # #WEBWORK SOAP CONFIGURATION
 # <Location /webwork2_rpc>
 # PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
 # SetHandler perl-script
 # PerlSetVar dispatch_to "WebworkSOAP"
 # PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000"
 # Order Allow,Deny
 # Allow from All
 # </Location>

# #WEBWORK SOAP WSDL HANDLER :: TO BE REPLACED WITH A FILE FOR PRODUCTION SERVERS
 # <Location /webwork2_wsdl>
 # PerlSetVar dispatch_to "WebworkSOAP::WSDL"
 # PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000"
 # PerlHandler WebworkSOAP::WSDL
 # SetHandler perl-script
 # Order Allow,Deny
 # Allow from All
 # </Location>
to the webwork.apache2-config.dist file. I guess that SOAP is the culprit. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I would be nice to add applet to the questions...

Thanks!

PS: I can give an example of the type of errors that occur if needed.
In reply to Jean-Marc Roy

Re: WeBWorK 2.4.7 and SOAP

by Michael Gage -
You do need those stanzas to enable the SOAP webservice. They have been used more extensively with Apache 1.3x than with Apache2 to date. For Apache2 it appears that they must be added directly to the configuration file rather than being read in a <Perl> block. Otherwise they seem to work as well for Apache2 as for apache1

See the discussion following:

http://wwrk.maa.org/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1969

for more information.

Let us know how this works out.
In reply to Michael Gage

Re: WeBWorK 2.4.7 and SOAP

by Jean-Marc Roy -
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer. I now have moodle 1.9.5+ with the latest wwmqt, wwqs, pg 2.4.7. I still had problems accessing the coursid and editing existing questions. I use the patch from Jerome Charaoui http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-1422 to replace the edit_webwork_form.php and now everything look nice.