WeBWorK Main Forum

Gateway Quizzes -- possible bug

Gateway Quizzes -- possible bug

by Peter Staab -
Number of replies: 3

I'm trying to help a colleague with a proctored gateway quiz.  There is documentation about a "set-level" proctoring, which I assume means that 1) you make an assignment a proctored gateway quiz and 2) add a password in the field. 

We made one of those, created a gateway quiz, and upon testing as a student, the quiz asked for the password.  We added the password entered in step 2 above.  The quiz opened up. 

However upon submission (Grade Test), it asked for a proctor login/password.  It seems that for such "set-level" proctoring, this shouldn't be opening up. 

Checking if this is what is intended, or a bug. 

In reply to Peter Staab

Re: Gateway Quizzes -- possible bug

by Glenn Rice -
I don't think that this is a bug, and believe that it is how it was intended to work. At least that is how it has worked for as long as I can remember. Although I can not speak to the actual intent. Gavin will probably need to weigh in on that.

In any case, I agree that there should at least be an option to not have that at the end.
In reply to Glenn Rice

by Sarah Wright -

I am said colleague that Peter mentioned above.

I would love to just forgo the proctor permissions for the grading and still have the one password to give to students who are in the classroom. If this is not possible, I am still unclear on what to enter for the proctor login/password once a student clicks Grade Test. I've tried my login info and variety of other things, and none of it seemed to work.

In reply to Sarah Wright

by Peter Staab -
Looking at some other posts, the problem with the login/password upon submission may be that we use LDAP to authenticate. It seems that if we make a new user who is a grade_proctor, this may work. However, the single password upon starting the quiz would be more applicable in your case Sarah.