Forum archive 2000-2006

Arnold K. Pizer - List of Unix aliases

Arnold K. Pizer - List of Unix aliases

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicList of Unix aliases topic started 4/27/2000; 4:13:21 PM
last post 4/27/2000; 4:13:21 PM
userArnold K. Pizer - List of Unix aliases  blueArrow
4/27/2000; 4:13:21 PM (reads: 3682, responses: 0)

LIST of ALIASES for WeBWorK

Aliases

I use aliases (and file name and command completion) so that entering commands requires little typing (meaning I make fewer typing errors). I put the the full path name in the alias. An alternative would be to put /www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/ in your path but this doesn't work as well with filename and command completion.

For descriptions of the commands, see Command line scripts.

The aliases are listed in approximate order from most used to least used.

alias sendEMail.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/sendEMail.pl "

alias l2hPrecreateSet.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/l2hPrecreateSet.pl "

alias initialPasswords.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/initialPasswords.pl "

alias newpassword.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/newpassword.pl "

alias setProfPermissions.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/setProfPermissions.pl "

alias removeProfPermissions.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/removeProfPermissions.pl "

alias setTAPermissions.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/setTAPermissions.pl "

alias removeTAPermissions.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/removeTAPermissions.pl "

alias downloadSet.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/downloadSet.pl "

alias readURClassList.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/readURClassList.pl "

alias markAnswerCorrect.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/markAnswerCorrect.pl "

alias recoverDataSet.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/recoverDataSet.pl "

alias columnPrint.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/columnPrint.pl "

alias totalPointsDataSet.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/totalPointsDataSet.pl "

alias appendDataSet.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/appendDataSet.pl "

alias deleteLastColumns.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/deleteLastColumns.pl "

alias deleteLastColumns.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/deleteLastColumns.pl "

alias sortDataSet.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/sortDataSet.pl "

alias alternateScoreProbSet.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/alternateScoreProbSet.pl "

alias rebuildProbSetDBfromPSVNlog.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/rebuildProbSetDBfromPSVNlog.pl "

alias pz2qz.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/pz2qz.pl "

alias buildProbSetDB.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/buildProbSetDB.pl "

alias scoreProbSet.pl "/www/webwork-root/webwork/system/scripts/scoreProbSet.pl "

USING THE PERL SCRIPTS:

If I forget the correct syntax for a script, I just type the script name without any parameters. An error message will be output giving the correct syntax. E.g.
readURClassList.pl

<| Post or View Comments |>