Forum archive 2000-2006

Arnold K. Pizer - Meeting in Madison for WeBWorK developers and users

Arnold K. Pizer - Meeting in Madison for WeBWorK developers and users

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicMeeting in Madison for WeBWorK developers and users topic started 3/26/2001; 3:22:33 PM
last post 3/27/2001; 12:11:49 PM
userArnold K. Pizer - Meeting in Madison for WeBWorK developers and users  blueArrow
3/26/2001; 3:22:33 PM (reads: 1138, responses: 2)
We are planning to hold an informal meeting for all potential WeBWorK developers on Friday, August 3, 2001 in Madison, Wisconsin. This date and place coincides with the MAA's summer MathFest meeting which is taking place August 2-4 in Madison.

A number of people have expressed interest in having a meeting of WeBWorK users and "developers". Since Mike, Arnie, and several people who have received NSF CCLI A&I grants for WeBWorK were planning on attending MathFest anyway, organizing a meeting there seems like a natural thing to do.

This meeting should be of interest to anyone who has or is applying for an NSF CCLI A&I grant to adapt and implement WeBWorK, to people who are interested in writing problems for WeBWorK, and to people who may have ideas on how to improve the operation of the WeBWorK system itself. The meeting also may be of interest to people who are just interested in using WeBWorK but do not, at least at this time, plan to write any problems of their own.

It's too early to put together an agenda for the meeting, but topics certainly would include:

1. Setting up some type of national library of WeBWorK problems. At this point quite a few people are writing WeBWorK problems (and some people are starting to write solutions for problems) and we should talk about coodinating these efforts.

2. The general direction Mike and Arnie see WeBWorK heading in the near future.

If you would be interested in attending this meeting, please post a response to this message or send an email to Arnie Pizer (apizer@math.rochester.edu) and/or Mike Gage (gage@math.rochester.edu)

<| Post or View Comments |>

userBill Ziemer - Re: Meeting in Madison for WeBWorK developers and users  blueArrow
3/26/2001; 8:04:33 PM (reads: 1380, responses: 0)
Yes I would like to attend! That sounds excellent.

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Meeting in Madison for WeBWorK developers and users  blueArrow
3/27/2001; 12:11:49 PM (reads: 1365, responses: 0)
It looks like holding this meeting is a popular idea. At this point 10 people have indicated they will attend and several others have indicated they hope to be able to attend. In particular, we expect all the PI's who have received NSF CCLI A&I grants for WeBWorK to attend. Some people are attending other events at MathFest so we will try to schedule our meeting at a time which is convenient for all. We will post further details as they become available.