Installation

Theme template including non-existent files

Theme template including non-existent files

by Charles Fulton -
Number of replies: 3

We've just upgraded from WeBWorK 2.13 to 2.16 on AWS, using a custom AMI derived from Amazon Linux 2. We use the math4 theme, without customizations. On the library browser page (and probably other pages), the page template tries to include the following non-existent files:

• math4-coloring.css
  • math4-overrides.css
  • math4-overrides.js
This generates multiple 404 errors on page load. I looked at the theme files and I see that are references to these files in the various .template files, and that they're wrapped in "#if exists" blocks. I'm unfamiliar with how WeBWorK theming works, but it seems like our platform is missing some library or utility that handles this pre-processing, or it's not working right. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles
In reply to Charles Fulton

Re: Theme template including non-existent files

by Nathan Wallach -
There is really no harm done when the files are missing. However the 404 errors can be annoying. You can run:
cd /opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/themes/math4 ; /usr/bin/touch math4-overrides.css math4-overrides.js math4-coloring.css
and create empty files.
I think that 2.16 install notes suggest creating the files to avoid the errors.
In reply to Charles Fulton

Re: Theme template including non-existent files

by Glenn Rice -
The template files are not used for rendering problems in the library browser or on the homework set detail page.

The solution for WeBWorK 2.16 is to just create empty files with those names in the theme directory.

WeBWorK 2.17 does not use math4-coloring.css at all, and the others are generated if not present.