WeBWorK Problems

Library Browser - Local Problems - filled with Contrib

Library Browser - Local Problems - filled with Contrib

by Kelsey Caron -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, 

I have encountered a problem with using the Library browser page.

The problem is with the Contrib directory appearing in the user's home directory.  It makes it next to impossible to access problems imported to the home directory when browsing through the library browser. 

*Please see attached screenshot to better understand*

As you can see there are all these sections that I have to scroll through to get to problems that I imported myself. 

What would be the best way to fix this issue?

Attachment Screenshot-of-Contrib-problem.PNG
In reply to Kelsey Caron

Re: Library Browser - Local Problems - filled with Contrib

by Glenn Rice -

What version of WeBWorK are you using?  I don't think there is a fix for this for versions of WeBWorK prior to 2.17.  As of version 2.17 those are filtered out and not shown.

In reply to Glenn Rice

by Kelsey Caron -

I am using 2.16. 

I guess my next question might be, is there an easy way to upgrade from 2.16 to 2.17? I deployed using the OVA server image. 

Some additional questions as ideas for work-arounds:

1) Could I just remove the Contrib library from the opt/webwork/librarieswebwork-open-problem-library directory?

2) Would it be better to try and unlink the Contrib in the file structure?

In reply to Kelsey Caron

by Danny Glin -

Instructions for upgrading to 2.17 can be found at https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Release_notes_for_WeBWorK_2.17#Upgrade_Instructions.  I wouldn't recommend doing this during a term.

I don't recommend deleting the Contrib folder completely, since this will cause issues if you try to update the OPL in the future.  It is safe to unlink Contrib from within a course as long as no Contrib problems are being used in that course.  You can also delete the symlink from your model course to prevent it from being propagated to newly created courses (assuming that you are copying templates from the model course).