WeBWorK Main Forum

Editing the Status Column on the Homework Sets Home Page

Editing the Status Column on the Homework Sets Home Page

by Jason Terry -
Number of replies: 2
The home page when you log into webwork, aka the Homework Sets page, lists all assigned homework sets. The Status column normally just displays the opening/closing times of each set. In the particular course whose screenshot is attached, there is an additional message in this column that reads, "You must log into this set via your Learning Management System..."

Is there a way to edit/remove this message? My school has never used an LMS linked to webwork (yet). Our school will soon be migrating to a new LMS, so we don't want this message to confuse the students. I recently took over as a webwork admin for my department, so not sure where the message came from or how to edit it.

Thanks. Jason.

Attachment screenshot.png
In reply to Jason Terry

Re: Editing the Status Column on the Homework Sets Home Page

by Danny Glin -

That message is triggered if you set the LTI grade passback option to "homework".  Since this is only happening in a single course you should check the course.conf file for that course and see if there are any LTI options set.  If you are not using LTI integration then you should be able to comment out any of those options to make this go away.

In reply to Danny Glin

Re: Editing the Status Column on the Homework Sets Home Page

by Jason Terry -
Thanks! It turns out all courses had this message triggered. I've been told that IT had LTI authentication enabled while we were experimenting with linking Canvas and Moodle. It has been disable and everything is back to normal.