WeBWorK Problems

OPL Problems Visible in Local Problems

OPL Problems Visible in Local Problems

by Harshal Patel -
Number of replies: 6

I have configured Webwork 2.17 in our test instance. When I go to Library Browser > Local Problems drop-down, I see webwork-open-problem-library problems (as shown in the screenshot below). I got to know from a user who is currently using 2.15 version that these problems should not be visible here.

I tried deleting the webwork-open-problem-library directory in /opt/webwork/libraries/ but that did not help.

How can I fix this?

In reply to Harshal Patel

Re: OPL Problems Visible in Local Problems

by Danny Glin -
Your screenshot didn't come through. Is this a newly created course, or was it created from an archive?
In reply to Danny Glin

by Harshal Patel -
Hi Danny,

It's a newly created course. Apologies, here's the screenshot:

OPL problems visible under Local Problems dropdown

by Glenn Rice -
With a newly created course you would not see any of what you are showing for any recent version of webwork.

Does this course have a webwork-open-problem-library directory or symlink in its templates directory?  That is the only way that you would see what you are seeing.

In reply to Glenn Rice

by Harshal Patel -

Hi Glenn,

Yes the templates directory does have a symlink. I tried the command "sudo unlink Library" but that didn't fix it. If I restart apache server, it brings back the symlink.

Also I checked the templates directory of modelCourse and it has the symlink as well for Library, Contrib and capaLibrary, see the screenshot below. I'd need to remove it from the modelCourse permannaetly so the newly created courses don't show opl problems in local problems drop-down.

How do I do that?

modelCourse templates directory 

by Glenn Rice -

The problem is not the "Library", "Contrib", or "capaLibrary" symlinks.  Those should be in the modelCourse templates directory, and should be in your courses templates directory, and they will not cause the things that are showing up in the local listing of the library browser.  The problem is the "webwork-open-problem-library" directory that you see at the listed last in your screenshot.  That should not be there, and that is where all of those things are coming from that are listed.

In reply to Glenn Rice

by Harshal Patel -
Thank you Glenn, I deleted the "webwork-open-problem-library" directory from the templates directory of all the courses, including modelCourse. Not sure how it appeared that at first, the issue is fixed now.