Installation

WeBWorK 2.17 bootstrap.css not compiled

WeBWorK 2.17 bootstrap.css not compiled

by Charles Fulton -
Number of replies: 3

I'm upgrading our environment from 2.16 to 2.17. I have node 16.x installed and the build process does run. However, users visiting the site get a 404 for bootstrap.css, and I see this in the build log for math4:

Proccessing themes/math4/bootstrap.scss
In themes/math4/bootstrap.scss:
Undefined variable.
   ╷
92 │       values: map-loop($theme-colors-rgb, rgba-css-var, "$key", "focus-ring")
   │                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   ╵
  node_modules/bootstrap/scss/_utilities.scss 92:24  @import
  themes/math4/bootstrap.scss 43:9                   root stylesheet

Not sure what I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Charles

In reply to Charles Fulton

Re: WeBWorK 2.17 bootstrap.css not compiled

by Glenn Rice -
Neither of the files themes/math4/bootstrap.scss nor node_modules/bootstrap/scss/_utilities.scss should have the line that your error is showing.

Try deleting the node_modules subdirectory of /opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs, and then run "npm ci" again.

If you have local modifications to the themes/math4/bootstrap.scss file, that could be the problem as well.
In reply to Glenn Rice

by Charles Fulton -
Hi Glenn, thanks for the quick follow-up, it pointed me in the right direction. We're working from the WeBWorK-2.17 tag, which didn't have your fix that pinned bootstrap at 5.1.x: https://github.com/openwebwork/webwork2/commit/607822d99c7b37ce24b324e598936617221ca24d. Once I applied that the compilation issues went away.

Charles
In reply to Charles Fulton

by Glenn Rice -
I recommend that you pull the current main branch. That will soon be tagged as the WeBWorK-2.17+ branch, and is 2.17 with all hot fixes. There have been several hot fixes since the initial release.