WeBWorK Main Forum

Gateway/Quiz "The selected problem set is not a valid set"

Gateway/Quiz "The selected problem set is not a valid set"

by Brittni Lorton -
Number of replies: 3

I have searched this forum a lot and I am still at a loss. Some students are getting this issue and others are not. The problems are numbered consecutively from one, all settings appear the same as the previous quizzes which had no issues. I cannot just erase and start over since it is working fine for some students and not for others.

What troubleshooting can I do now that half the students are working on this to fix this issue? I see the error when acting as the student as well, so maybe it is something to do with the seed #s that student is getting? All problems are from the OPL directly.

Any advice?

In reply to Brittni Lorton

Re: Gateway/Quiz "The selected problem set is not a valid set"

by Danny Glin -
I think I remember seeing this when the problems in a set didn't get assigned to all users. If memory serves there was a situation where something aborted in the middle of an "Assign to all users" task, so the data for individual students was incomplete.

If you look at the Set Detail for one of the students who is experiencing the error (Classlist Editor -> Assigned Sets -> Click on the GW in question), are all of the problems present?

I think the fix in my case was to use the Instructor Tools page to assign the set to all users (select all users, select the GW set, then click "Assign selected sets to selected users"). My recollection is that this assigned any missing problems.
In reply to Danny Glin

by Brittni Lorton -

Hi Danny - Yes I did that and that was also a suggested fix somewhere else on this forum. But no, that did not fix the issue. 

Any other advice?

In reply to Brittni Lorton

by Danny Glin -

Is there any more to the error message?  I thought it usually provided more detail as to why it is not a valid set.

Did you check the set detail for an individual student?