Installation

AWS: Demo class initially not set to open until 2027

AWS: Demo class initially not set to open until 2027

by Ken Luther -
Number of replies: 2

I am installing 2.18 from scratch on AWS.  At the point where we want to "Test that Things Are Working Properly", and we have our first encounter with the initial class list as user "profa", the Demo class is set by default to open in 2027 (image attached) - so it's not possible to get in there and browse through Homework Sets and Problem Lists.  I know that eventually we can get in there and change it ourselves as wwadmin, but someone (Arnold?) might want to know it doesn't seem possible to follow the installation instructions in that section as-is right now.  Cheers! 

Attachment Screenshot 2023-10-03 153956.png
In reply to Ken Luther

Re: AWS: Demo class initially not set to open until 2027

by Arnold Pizer -

This is a test course which demonstrates a few features of WeBWorK.  One feature is that sets can be closed, open or yet to open.  1/10/27 is a safe open date for a yet to open set.  Note that students (e.g. jsmith) can not look at the Demo set but professors (e.g. profa) and administers (e.g. admin) can.  Also note that all these sets date back to the very early days of WeBWorK so they may not be the best examples of WeBWorK problems or coding practices.

In reply to Arnold Pizer

Re: AWS: Demo class initially not set to open until 2027

by Ken Luther -
Understood - and it's all good now.  You can see from my original image attachment that the "Demo" class is not bold - i.e. it wasn't active as a link.  It looks like having entered my username "profa" and password, I crept my mouse too far down to the big blue button below the proper big blue log in button, and clicked to log in as a Guest.  So the course wasn't active for me.  All is well now!