WeBWorK Main Forum

Canvas LTI 1.3 authentification issue

Re: Canvas LTI 1.3 authentification issue

by Wai Yan Pong -
Number of replies: 4
I am happy to report that Grade Passing essentially work. That is, the grades on Canvas are being updated as the students answer the questions. 

However, we get an error when we try to update the grades "manually" via the LTI Grade Update tab in WebWork. I think the interesting part of the error message is the following:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
 WeBWorK error
An error occured while processing your request.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, including all of the following information as well as what what you were doing when the error occured.

Error record identifier
549f1681-5177-5eb9-ab04-1ba9d8f37a54::31dbc3e8-5523-11ef-8376-9b896ba8681a

Error messages
DBD::SQLite::db do failed: SQL logic error at /usr/share/perl5/Mojo/SQLite.pm line 118.

Context
113: sub _prepare {
114:   my $self = shift;
115: 
116:   # Automatic migrations
117:   ++$self->{migrated} and $self->migrations->migrate
118:     if !$self->{migrated} && $self->auto_migrate;
119: 
120:   my $parent = $self->parent;
121:   return $parent ? $parent->_prepare : $self->_dequeue;
122: }
123: 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It complaints about line 118 above. 

Any idea of what went wrong? Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

In reply to Wai Yan Pong

by Wai Yan Pong -

I would like to follow up on this issue. 

The LTI integration with Canvas would work flawlessly if we can straighten out this issue:

Error messages
DBD::SQLite::db do failed: SQL logic error at /usr/share/perl5/Mojo/SQLite.pm line 118.

This happens when we try to update the grades "manually" via the LTI Grade Update tab in WebWork.

Sounds like it is a SQL programming issue, anyone has a similar experience when using the LTI Grade Update? 

In reply to Wai Yan Pong

by Glenn Rice -

It sounds like you may have missed a step in the installation.  Did you do what is directed in https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.18_on_Ubuntu#Install_Dependencies?

To check this run "perl -MMojo::SQLite\ 9999".  That should return

Mojo::SQLite version 9999 required--this is only version 3.005.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

where the version will probably be different for you. What version does it show for you?
In reply to Glenn Rice

by Wai Yan Pong -

Hi Glenn, thank you for the reply. Yep, that's exactly the issue. 

I followed the section "Set Up the Webwork2 Job Queue" in the installation file and downgraded MMojo::SQLite to version 3.002

Then LTI grade update works! 

When we upgraded to 2.18, I probably just read the upgrade instructions that's most likely why I missed that session. 

In reply to Wai Yan Pong

by Glenn Rice -

Yeah, the last bullet item in the upgrade instructions just gives the link to the section in the installation instructions and says the step is optional.  I can see how it is easy to miss.