Forum archive 2000-2006

Bill Ziemer - Bug in ProfLogin.pl !

Bill Ziemer - Bug in ProfLogin.pl !

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicBug in ProfLogin.pl ! topic started 9/18/2001; 3:42:07 PM
last post 9/18/2001; 10:49:54 PM
userBill Ziemer - Bug in ProfLogin.pl !  blueArrow
9/18/2001; 3:42:07 PM (reads: 1190, responses: 2)
When I go to the Professor's page, I get the error message:

Error: DBglue: getAllProbSetKeysForSet: Can't find index for set number 1

There are 3 problem sets available still, but all are CLOSED status. When the third set went to closed, the error occured. How do I build the set via command line now that buildProbSetDB.pl is no longer operational?

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Bug in ProfLogin.pl !  blueArrow
9/18/2001; 7:44:17 PM (reads: 1426, responses: 0)
Hi Bill,

This is a strange bug which I have not seen before and I can not imagine how it occured. The fact that the error occured when all sets went closed should be a pure coincidence. There are many examples of courses where all sets are closed, e.g. http://webwork.math.rochester.edu/spring01-mth162/. The index for set 1 lists all the psvn's for set 1 and has nothing to do with due dates, etc.

I am assuming you didn't explicitly delete sets. This message will occur if you delete a set, then use the browser's back button to return to the Prof page (i.e. you do not reload or refresh the Prof page) and ask for info on the set. This will also occur if you delete all sets but then the error messages tells you how to fix this situation.

It seems that somehow your webwork_BD got corrupted. There are various "recovery" techniques that are available and I should probably talk to you off line about these (they have been used once in the last five years to the best of my knowledge). Please try one thing for me. Run export_webwork-database.pl to get a human readable version of the webwork_BD (run it with no parameters and it will tell you the syntax to use). Near the bottom of the output you will see the indexes. Here is what a small one for set 0 looks like. The format is "login = psvn". Do you have an index for set 1? For other sets?

[set<>0]
1=940281
apizer=749943
cmlr=631574
gage=615125
jknapp=908125
johnson=184419
mknapp=512230

Arnie

userBill Ziemer - Re: Bug in ProfLogin.pl !  blueArrow
9/18/2001; 10:49:54 PM (reads: 1480, responses: 0)
Thanks for the response. I went through the same thought process, and figured it must be that the database got corrupted somehow. I ran the rebuildProblemSetFromPSVNLog.pl script using an old classlist. It ran, said no changes to data, but I could log into Professor's page after that!