WeBWorK Main Forum

Accounts Manager does not show list of accounts with the default filtering if using LTI authentication

Accounts Manager does not show list of accounts with the default filtering if using LTI authentication

by Szabolcs Horvát -
Number of replies: 2

In courses that use password-based authentication, clicking Accounts Manager immediately shows all accounts.

After we set up LTI authentication, it no longer displays the full list of accounts in the default view. I have to choose "Show which users?" -> "all course users" and click "Filter" before it shows the full list. The default selection, "users who match the selected fields", displays nothing.

Is this:

• Intentional?
  • A bug in WeBWorK?
  • A specific issue in our local setup?
This is not a practical issue for me. I just wanted to report it in case it turns out to be a bug.

In reply to Szabolcs Horvát

Re: Accounts Manager does not show list of accounts with the default filtering if using LTI authentication

by Glenn Rice -

This has nothing to do with the course being set up for LTI authentication, and is how this has always worked.  I am guessing that your course has more than 200 users.  If a course has more than 200 users, then no users are shown until you filter.  When a large number of users exist, then it takes a long time for the page to load, and the cap is a precaution to prevent that from happening every time that you open the page.  This was a quick and easy solution to the problem, and is something that we want to redo at some point.  A better way of doing it is to use pagination. 

In reply to Glenn Rice

Re: Accounts Manager does not show list of accounts with the default filtering if using LTI authentication

by Szabolcs Horvát -
Thanks for the clarification. The number of users is indeed just above 200, and must have reached that count around the same time as switching on LMS integration, which led to the confusion.