WeBWorK Problems

Rendering problems sets

Rendering problems sets

by John Huie -
Number of replies: 3

Good Afternoon All,

I am assisting our Mathematics Department with their webwork instance.

They are having issues rendering some problem sets.
I have tried OPL-Update and npm -ci, with no apparent resolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

John Huie

In reply to John Huie

Re: Rendering problems sets

by John Huie -
Good Afternoon,
My apologies I didn't add the errors experienced by the instructor. I have attached a screenshot.

Thank You
John H
Attachment error.png
In reply to John Huie

by Glenn Rice -
These errors will only occur in the homework sets editor. Are there errors rendering problems in actual sets?

As to the error that is shown in the homework sets editor, do you have the patches applied that are shown in https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.17_on_Ubuntu#Miscellaneous_System_Patches? The first patch is related to the error that is shown.

That is specifically for WeBWorK 2.16 or 2.17 though.  If you have an earlier version of webwork, that patch won't be available.  Note that for WeBWorK 2.18 or 2.19 the patch isn't needed, and you definitely won't get those errors. I highly recommend upgrading when you can.  Obviously, don't do that during an active term.
In reply to John Huie

by Danny Glin -

You say that this is happening for some problem sets.  Does that mean that it is working for some problem sets and not others?

On which page(s) are you seeing this error?  Does it happen when working on a problem, or just in the instructor pages (Sets Manager or Library Browser)?