Forum archive 2000-2006

Lars Jensen - Printout of all webwork sets

Lars Jensen - Printout of all webwork sets

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicPrintout of all webwork sets topic started 1/17/2002; 2:59:06 PM
last post 1/18/2002; 1:27:19 PM
userLars Jensen - Printout of all webwork sets  blueArrow
1/17/2002; 2:59:06 PM (reads: 1077, responses: 3)
Is there a simple way of printing out a copy of all the sets supplied with webwork? It would be nice for the instructor to have this feature to produce a hardcopy of the sets, before selecting problems for assignments.

Lars.

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Printout of all webwork sets  blueArrow
1/17/2002; 4:19:56 PM (reads: 1297, responses: 2)
Copy all the sets from the tar file to the templates directory of some course. In fact you may already have all the sets in your demoCourse. Then build all the sets (select all the sets at the same time and click build --- it is best to do this with a course with only a few users).

In order to have the .pg file names printed out, add your prof login to $PG_environment{'PRINT_FILE_NAMES_FOR'} in the webworkCourse.ph file.

You (as a prof) can download multiple hard copies. Simply select the sets you want to print out (some browers as better at this than others) and click on Get_Hard_Copy. By default WeBWorK limits you to downloading 20 copies at a time since if your server is not fast enough, your browser may time out. If you have a fast server, you can set
$max_num_of_ps_downloads_allowed = 20;
to some other value in webworkCourse.ph or in Global.pm if you want to change this for the whole system.

Arnie

userLars Jensen - Re: Printout of all webwork sets  blueArrow
1/18/2002; 1:00:04 PM (reads: 1502, responses: 1)
Arnie,

This used to work the way you described, but appaerntly doesn't anymore. I can't select multiple files from netiher from Netscape 4.7* nor Internet Explorer 4.0 (Windows platform). I'm running Webwork 1.7.

Lars.

userLars Jensen - Re: Printout of all webwork sets  blueArrow
1/18/2002; 1:27:19 PM (reads: 1714, responses: 0)
Arnie,

I'm missed your parenthesis comment that one needs to be professor to do this. Once I login as professor your way does work. Thanks.